Processing times at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) increase from time to time. Below are all of the current notifications about visas that might be delayed.
Partner (permanent) Subclass 801 processing times increased
Our immigration law team recently received notice that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection is not able to meet its expected standard processing time of 8 months for permanent partner visas. It is currently 12-15 months, when stated timeframes are eight months.
Below is a copy of the notification that we received in relation to the delay.
The notification that DIBP issued to us is below
Partner (Permanent) Subclass 801 Visa Processing Centre
Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
The Permanent Partner Section acknowledges the time it is taking to process permanent partner applications and that this may be of concern to you and your family.
We regret to inform you that there is a significant backlog of work in the section and we are currently not able to meet the expected service standard processing time of 8 months, as it is more in the 12 – 15 months range.
As we wish to focus on processing applications, we will not be able to respond to the following queries:
- We will not respond to requests for an update on your application.
- We will not acknowledge the receipt of online applications – your TRN number is your receipt that your application form has been submitted.
- We will not prioritise your application. In the interest of fairness to all, applications are processed in date order of lodgement.
- We will not provide a timeframe for the processing of your application.
- We will not acknowledge receipt of miscellaneous documents.
We confirm that we will do the following:
- We will process applications as quickly as possible and advise the outcome immediately.
- We will contact you directly should further information be required.
- We will respond to email inquiries that are not included in the list of responses contained further in this message within 2 weeks.
We would ask that you assist by doing the following:
- Ensure that you refer to the checklist and upload all supporting documents if you submitted your application online.
- Ensure that you refer to the checklist and send us a complete package of information if you intend to forward your documentation by post.